Regenerative MedicineAt Stem Cell Therapies of Oklahoma
When it comes to orthopedic conditions, regenerative medicine is quite a new concept. However, for many years, doctors have utilized regenerative medicine properties in treating cancers, such as leukemia and lymphoma. This is because this technique offers a unique way of regenerating healthy cells in the body that chemotherapy has destroyed.
By using the natural healing power of the body, doctors can treat pain using an effective, safe, and minimally invasive technique. This treatment can address limited mobility and pain that damage has caused. This includes damage to the cartilage, bone, connective tissue, and ligaments.
We all have healing factors and regenerative cells in our bodies. Regenerative medicine is able to use the undifferentiated cells in order to activate the regenerative and healing response where required.
It’s possible to gain stem cells from two available sources. First, you can get them from your body’s own autologous cells. Alternatively, they can come from allogeneic donor cells. The bone marrow contains your autologous stem cells. This is the reason why bone marrow transplants are able to heal some illnesses and cancers. Doctors harvest allogeneic cells from a donor source. This may include umbilical tissue. There are, of course, a number of ethical and moral issues linked to the use of stem cells from fetuses. This is why we never use stem cells that have come from fetal tissue.
Which Conditions Does Regenerative medicine Treat?
There are many exciting applications for regenerative medicine. As time passes, we expect to see several more conditions benefitting from this treatment. Since it can benefit numerous parts of the body, it’s used currently in sports medicine, orthopedics, dentistry treatments, and ophthalmology.
Here at Stem Cell Therapies of Oklahoma, we currently treat a number of orthopedic conditions with regenerative medicine. These include:
- Ligament, tendon or cartilage damage
- Back, hip, and knee pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Nerve pain
- Sporting injuries, such as golfer’s elbow, runner’s knee, and rotator cuff tears
What Happens When You Have regenerative medicine?
You will receive an injection of your own harvested stem cells and the process of regeneration begins immediately. The cells start to change to specialized cells. This starts the process of repair of the damaged tissues. The treatment only takes around 15 minutes. Afterward, you’re able to go back to your regular activities as normal. There is no interruption to your daily life. We do recommend, however, that you take it easy for a while. This gives the cells the best possible opportunity to target and connect. If you need any further sessions as part of your treatment, we will space them at regular intervals.
Why Have REGENerative medicine with Stem Cell Therapies of Oklahoma?
- We have highly trained board certified physicians who have experience in stem cell therapies.
- You’ll receive ongoing care from knowledgeable professionals during your treatment.
- Your need for pain medications may be dramatically reduced or even eliminated altogether.
- There will be no lengthy recovery time.
- We have on-site diagnostics, so you’ll get the most accurate diagnosis.
- Compared with many other treatments, you will have a reduction in health-care expenses.
- You’ll be able to go back to your regular activities without any downtime.
- It’s an effective and safe treatment.
- You can combine regenerative medicine therapy with other types of therapy.
- Treatments only take around 15 minutes.
Are you ready to learn more about how regenerative medicine could help you? Contact Stem Cell Therapies of Oklahoma today and benefit from our expert advice.